Wiring diagram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjoenvegas

Master Mechanic
Dec 2, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I really need a good detailed wiring diagram for a 1979 El Camino. The previous owner screwed with the wiring under the dash and I am having a little bit of trouble figuring it out. Anyone have a diagram of the dash wiring and components?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Pick up a Haynes Chevelle manual for '69-'87. It also covers Malibu and El Camino. The cover has a dissected picture of a '79 Malibu 4-dr on the cover. It has various wiring diagrams for these models.

Jack

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
Longroof79 said:
Pick up a Haynes Chevelle manual for '69-'87. It also covers Malibu and El Camino. The cover has a dissected picture of a '79 Malibu 4-dr on the cover. It has various wiring diagrams for these models.

Jack

Don't waste your money on Haynes, Chilton, etc. Just get a factory service manual. They are offered on ebay frequently and are not very expensive.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I get all my factory stuff from these guys. If they don't have it right now, they will get back to you when they find it. Very reasonable prices and usually the quality is better than they describe.http://www.factoryautomanuals.com/

bigjoenvegas

Master Mechanic
Dec 2, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Does anyone have any pdf manuals? I think my steering column might be different too cause some of the wiring connections were different and I had to mount a high beam switch on the floor. Some of the wiring under the dash has been cut and connections are either missing or don't match up. I'm not the greatest with electrical! Frustrating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor