Wiring experts for 1983 Hurst Olds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurstman1983

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 14, 2021
I was doing some wire replacement for chewed up wires coming from the computer then connecting near the transmission dipstick harness. Under the split loom there are two wires not connected to anything.

They appear to be clean cut.

Are these extra wires that are not used or are they supposed to actually be connected to something?

1983 Hurst olds 307 AC and cruise control

Attachments

• oldsmobile wires.jpeg
    oldsmobile wires.jpeg
    181.9 KB · Views: 136

Meklyn

n00b
Oct 12, 2021
North Texas
I was doing some wire replacement for chewed up wires coming from the computer then connecting near the transmission dipstick harness. Under the split loom there are two wires not connected to anything.

They appear to be clean cut.

Are these extra wires that are not used or are they supposed to actually be connected to something?

1983 Hurst olds 307 AC and cruise control
I'm new to this site too. Just received my high school car...1983 H/O. Been in the family since brand new.

I will check this evening regarding the wires you referenced. Assume they are on the passenger side running to front of engine bay? Green wire suggests temp sensor unit from my readings but will get back with you.

Meklyn

n00b
Oct 12, 2021
North Texas
Looking a second time I think these are actually vacuum lines that go to the vacuum bulb at front of passenger side engine bay. Not electrical wires.

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Any stripes on the wires?

Where does the other end of the wires go?

what does that 4 pin connector go to?

Digital cameras can change colors a lot what colors do your eyes say the are?

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
I do not see these wires on any wiring diagram so off to the electrical circuit identification list. Assuming the wire is faded orange.

Circuit number, Wire color, Circuit name.

40, 140, 240, 340, 440 - Orange- Feed battery fused.
55 - Kickdown solenoid feed. Orange- (For TH-400 which was never used in G bodies.)
226 - Orange- Warning lamp sensor.
820 - Orange- Wide open throttle switch.
824 - Orange- Ground - Resistive air temperature sensor controlled. (For HVAC or engine control unknown.)

Just a guess, From the location and the black ground wire with it it is 824 and they decided not to use it after making the wiring harnesses.

Reactions: 1 user

Hurstman1983

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 14, 2021
Thanks for all of the help. They are definitely stranded wires. I believe el cam is right. Just glad I don't have to go on a wild goose chase.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor