Wiring harness

Status
Not open for further replies.

78sickness

n00b
May 25, 2021
Anybody know if all g body wiring harness are interchangeable I have a 78 cutlass or what harness would work for it

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Anybody know if all g body wiring harness are interchangeable I have a 78 cutlass or what harness would work for it
No not all are, and I would find another Cutlass to take it from. Makes the process easier.

Reactions: 1 user

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
There are several harnesses. Headlights /front of car. Engine. Dash and taillights/rear of car. Plus small ones for power windows and seats and the like.

What you need to make sure of is the same configuration. Same lights in the front? In roughly the same place.?

Same engine, olds starter is on drivers side, chevy the other side.

Gauges or warning lights? A/C or no A/C? Power this or that?

Many variables. The dash will likely have to come from the same car or very similar. The other harness might offer more lee way. You will want wiring diagrams and a good look at the connectors.

Reactions: 1 users

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
What about if mine is power windows and locks and the cutlass I get it off isnt
Should work I believe, as for your power windows and locks there you can probably just add a 12v wire and ground there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor