Wiring Headunit To Battery Constant

Status
Not open for further replies.

DurtyBreed

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2018
San Jo, Califas
I drive a 78 Buick Regal it has a factory original delco radio in it... I have purchased a new double din pioneer headunit and purchased a gbody wiring harness to hook up to the factory unit... I had trouble getting the wood face off the center console so I got on the ground and unplugged the 3 main wiring leads from the backside thru the gaps but I can not find the 4th battery constant wires. I’m beginning to think they don’t exist on this old model since it probably ne’er stored the time before but I don’t know what to hook my new unit up too now cuz when I turn the car on the new headunit isnt starting when all wires are plugged in except the constant yellow connection... I read online that some people wire the yellow to the 12v battery ignition wire but idk if that’s such a good idea or if I’m suppose run a new wire to the battery for a constant

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I drive a 78 Buick Regal it has a factory original delco radio in it... I have purchased a new double din pioneer headunit and purchased a gbody wiring harness to hook up to the factory unit... I had trouble getting the wood face off the center console so I got on the ground and unplugged the 3 main wiring leads from the backside thru the gaps but I can not find the 4th battery constant wires. I’m beginning to think they don’t exist on this old model since it probably ne’er stored the time before but I don’t know what to hook my new unit up too now cuz when I turn the car on the new headunit isnt starting when all wires are plugged in except the constant yellow connection... I read online that some people wire the yellow to the 12v battery ignition wire but idk if that’s such a good idea or if I’m suppose run a new wire to the battery for a constant
https://gbodyforum.com/threads/cant-find-power-wire-for-stereo-anyone-else.25610/

Reactions: 1 user

DurtyBreed

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2018
San Jo, Califas
I believe this is delco radio I have, the wiring looks a little different on the back but the antenna and 3 wiring blocks are in same spots can’t find a constant wire thou
05A91388-78AC-4ADB-BC14-0E6B8E9D4B73.jpeg
C1CBDA6E-63D9-4D15-9336-2C5CC778C4B0.jpeg

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
You're welcome. A Google search will usually turn up the answer. There are few topics that haven't already been hashed out on here.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor