Wiring identification help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

88MONTESS

Greasemonkey
Sep 27, 2009
Can anyone tell me which wire provides power to the fuse box located under dash? Also which wire sends power to start solenoid when key is cranked.

Previous owner cut the harness

Thanks in advance

FF6A44B2-7C56-49DE-AB5E-FA3BF12DDB13.png

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
The 2 power wires (one straight from starter/battery cable stud to the bulk head, one from there to a muilti wire splice of all 12 gauge red then to the bulk head) are 12 gauge red, the starter wire is 12 gauge purple.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
And I'll add another thing, hit the wanted section for a new to you harness to make life easier. Someone has one with the later style bulk head plug that'll be plug and play.

Reactions: 1 users

88MONTESS

Greasemonkey
Sep 27, 2009
Got a better photo showing where thats all coming out of ?

I assume they come from main fuse box. They come through firewall.

The 2 power wires (one straight from starter/battery cable stud to the bulk head, one from there to a muilti wire splice of all 12 gauge red then to the bulk head) are 12 gauge red, the starter wire is 12 gauge purple.
I will look at those in the morning. Sounds like powering the 12 gauge red will give the fuse box power if I’m reading your post correctly

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
EBay is a great place to check for harnesses too. I needed a 4 eye headlight harness for my Malibu and ended up with an entire el Camino wiring setup for cheap.

88MONTESS

Greasemonkey
Sep 27, 2009
And I'll add another thing, hit the wanted section for a new to you harness to make life easier. Someone has one with the later style bulk head plug that'll be plug and play.

That’s probably the next move. Thing is I only really need power to my headlights, taillights and windows. Car is swapped and everything else is standalone

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
Looking though the stash, I have an extra v8 engine harness. Have a complete uncut computer harness too. PM me if your interested. What car is it for? Might have a headlight/horn harness too.
image.jpg

88MONTESS

Greasemonkey
Sep 27, 2009

Just as stated those wires were exactly what you said. Got power to them but still don’t seem to have power windows or moonroof. Would any of these other wires have anything to do with that?

Checked fuses already. I only ran power to the two red wires which in turn gave me power inside of the car but no windows door locks or moonroof
4BEED14B-0385-41DC-9669-B018E8A8850C.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor