Wiring plug for park lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melissasinave

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 9, 2021
Hey everyone. So I’ve been having issues with lights interior lights park l lights and license plate lights not working, after some looking around I found this wiring harness I’m not too sure where it connects to have spent an hour looking under the dash trying to find a spot for it I’m not too sure where it goes but when I put a wire from connecter the last wire to the right to the second last wire on the left my lights turn on I’m not too sure where this plugs into. Can someone help!?

Attachments

• 385B8AB1-58F9-4E23-BA60-696D811005D5.jpeg
    385B8AB1-58F9-4E23-BA60-696D811005D5.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 121
  • 8BE3B623-96D0-4C7D-806E-30B813847B51.jpeg
    8BE3B623-96D0-4C7D-806E-30B813847B51.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 114

JimmyCamino

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2020
Alexandria, VA
So if the issue with the lights has happened more recently than when that connector was not connected to anything, that's probably not the problem. I don't recognize having seen that connector in my '84.

What always comes to mind with lighting problems is bad ground, bad lamp socket(s), or wrong lamp(s). The headlight switch is common to all of these lighting circuits. There's probably a ground wire from the rear lamp harness to the frame that should be clean, intact, and well grounded. That's where I'd start.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Hey everyone. So I’ve been having issues with lights interior lights park l lights and license plate lights not working, after some looking around I found this wiring harness I’m not too sure where it connects to have spent an hour looking under the dash trying to find a spot for it I’m not too sure where it goes but when I put a wire from connecter the last wire to the right to the second last wire on the left my lights turn on I’m not too sure where this plugs into. Can someone help!?
I would check your fuses first, but if that connector needs to be plugged in, it's probably gonna be behind rather than beneath the dash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor