With Luck Like This.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
I've been working on my '88 GMC K1500 for a while now. Fixing all the problems I knew about so I could finally drive it again. I finally got it road ready except for a front end alignment but I have it close enough to test drive for now. I drove it to work today and everything was going good until the trip home....

The heat gauge started rising and rising.

I get stopped and check things out and it looks like the freeze plug behind the motor mount on the right side of the engine is pouring water out.

So, I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend. Lol. I'm not even gonna be mad about it. I getting a ride home to get my dad's old truck and a trailer to tow it home. Automobiles can be such an adventure.

Anybody got any good stories or just need to vent?

Opie Knievel

Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
I'm not usually like this. Lol. I'm pretty hot tempered. Lol. I'm trying to work on it and getting mad rarely helps so I figured might as well try to remain calm. Maybe it's not as bad as it could be.

Nov 4, 2012
I had a '96 K1500 extended cab short bed for a while. It failed inspection because the bed rails were rotted out. So, I saved up and bought a new bed for it, a stepside this time. I fixed some of the minor holes on the new bed, installed the new bed and got the truck inspected. Looked great.

2 days later my sister backed into the truck, cracked the rh bedside, dented the inner bedside, cracked the tail light, and bent the rear bumper.

I sold the truck as-is a week later. I'm still pissed about it.

Opie Knievel

Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
I had a '96 K1500 extended cab short bed for a while. It failed inspection because the bed rails were rotted out. So, I saved up and bought a new bed for it, a stepside this time. I fixed some of the minor holes on the new bed, installed the new bed and got the truck inspected. Looked great.

2 days later my sister backed into the truck, cracked the rh bedside, dented the inner bedside, cracked the tail light, and bent the rear bumper.

Ouch. That sucks. I'd probably be pretty mad about that too. This truck seems to break almost every time I drive it lately.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

you should have kept the truck and sold your sister....:D

Nov 4, 2012
Ouch. That sucks. I'd probably be pretty mad about that too. This truck seems to break almost every time I drive it lately.

Yeah, I was upset. I liked that truck too but I didn't have it in me to go through putting another bed on it. I had true dual Flowmaster 40s on it and high flow cats, it sounded mean.

Opie Knievel

Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Yeah, I was upset. I liked that truck too but I didn't have it in me to go through putting another bed on it. I had true dual Flowmaster 40s on it and high flow cats, it sounded mean.

I've got duals, Flowmasters and no cats. It sounds pretty good. When it's running....

Opie Knievel

Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Well, I got the truck loaded on a trailer that's barely big enough to haul it with no way to strap the back of the truck down. It's not very confidence inspiring but I guess I'll go slow and hope for the best.
20161028_224034-1024x576.jpg
20161028_224117-1024x576.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor