Wont go into park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glock45

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 19, 2022
for some reason after driving it i pulled it down to 2nd and first and wouldn't go all the way down in first so i pulled it little hard to try and go down and when i pulled it back up to park felt like it skipped all the gears and went right into park but is not really in park think its in drive ore 1st or 2nd still cant pull the key out the ignition dont know what to do messed with the linking underneath only trys to move forward but in car its in park so cant go forward any more

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
You probably slipped the linkage. There is a bolt holding the rod from the base of the column down to the Z bar. Crawl under the car, Loosen it and flip the linkage clockwise until it stops. Transmission should now be in park. Go back to the driver's seat and lift the shifter until the key turns again. Climb under again, undo the bolt, clean the threads and put some Loctite on it, then tighten it down. It should flip through all the gears now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor