Woody Beach Cruiser or Grand National?

Fake Woody or Grand National Look on CaliWagon83's Regal Estate?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Hi guys. I know I've brought this up before, but this is turning out to be a major existential crisis for me. For the longest time, I had the dream of creating a Grand National-style wagon with a dark, moody paintjob, totally de-chromed, coupe-style front end, etc. I still like the look and idea of that, but lately, a lot of people that have seen photos of my wagon are encouraging me to retain the traditional look, complete with the vinyl woodgrain. Would like to get your input.

buick-grand-national-station-wagon.jpg

Last edited:

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I'm also for keeping the faux wood look. A turbo sleeper/ surf wagon is my thought.
Btw, that is a sweet looking wagon.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Black with woodgrain and chrome.

15x10 aluminum GN wheels out back and a turbo V6 under the hood.

Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It looks great as it is and you can always change it if you decide to down the road....

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
It looks great as it is and you can always change it if you decide to down the road....

Thanks! Yeah, it is pretty clean, considering its age. My main objective initially is getting it running consistently and reliably. Probably going to need to de-gunk the carb, and put some fresh gas and fluids in it. The one thing that kind of bugs me, assuming I keep it looking as-is, is where to find the molding strip to go around the front fender. The body shop that did the repair at the time couldn't locate one, so they kind of improvised and put some pinstriping tape around the woodgrain. Any ideas on where to find that piece would be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor