Woody trim

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRD art

G-Body Guru
Jun 16, 2011
St. George, UT
I found an 82 Malibu wagon for sale at a great price and plan to buy it. I'm wanting to convert to the "woody" look for it, I found vinyl wrap for the center wood, but does know of a resource for the trim around the wood? Thanks!

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Ben
A guy that I know from California converted his Malibu wagon to a "woody". He didn't use the factory type trim, however, he added a lighter "wood" trim, which of course was also stick on.
It looks pretty good from what I can see. In other words, you will have to be creative...and we all know how creative you are...:D

You might also ask Blake442. He also wrapped his car in faux wood. His car looks really nice.
He might have had some trouble with the perimeter trim...again, I'd ask him.

Also, post some pics of the car when you get a chance. Is this one going to replace Roman's car.

Reactions: 1 user

SRD art

G-Body Guru
Jun 16, 2011
St. George, UT
We're still rebuilding Roman's car. He's getting my old frame and suspension and I'm building another frame for mine. It will run 315-30-18s all around and if I can work it out will be either a 3-link or Torque Arm rear suspension. The Malibu will be my daily instead of my '77 2500 Suburban while Pumkinator's down. I'll start a build thread on the "Surf's Up Malibu" as soon as I can get more pics of it.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
can't wait to see this one!

I'll go get the popcorn ready!:popcorn:

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Looks like a nice solid, original car, Ben.
Good score. Btw, Is that a Monza behind it...and what's the orange pickup next to it?

SRD art

G-Body Guru
Jun 16, 2011
St. George, UT
VW pick up and yes Monza. Both look a little rough and look to have been sitting for a while. The wagon has 2014 plates on it.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
VW pick up and yes Monza. Both look a little rough and look to have been sitting for a while. The wagon has 2014 plates on it.
Oh, okay, I see that it's a Rabbit pickup. Thank you for pointing that out. You don't see that many of them anymore, nor do you see Monzas for that matter. Both kinda cool in their own right.

How were able to find the wagon?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor