Working thru corona virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorge1958

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2019
Columbia City Oregon
Just wondering how many of you folks still have to work thru this epidemic?. I retired at the 1st of the year but got bored after a month and went to work at NAPA. We are considered essential so we have been open through all this. Tell ya what. Business couldnt be better. We are staying really busy. I have had no effects from the virus so far.

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I'm not, state just ended our stay at home pay for those state employees who can't telework so those like me (highway maintance/plow operators) are either burning leave/sick time or (trying to) collect unemployment. Good thing I don't have to pick up dead deer for time being. The wife still is as she works in personal care at a senior community.

Reactions: 2 users

dr78442

G-Body Guru
Mar 15, 2010
massapequa park NY
Still working. NY considers the(LIRR) railroad essential to move people around .

Reactions: 4 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Still working, I do fabrication for the semiconductor and pharmaceutical industry. My wife is still working too, she does insurance. We're very lucky given we just had to start paying our new mortgage for the house we just built. I have no idea what we'd do and I feel bad for all those that are out of work and can't pay their bills :(

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I'm still working, even though I don't want to... Amazon is busy as sh*t, and they gave us a raise to keep people showing up for work. Overtime is now paid Double. I have used (3) vacation days just to limit my exposure. There are now (24) confirmed cases in my building. :cautious: So if I die from CV-19 getting your toilet paper order out for you, who gets my cars??

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm mistakenly considered essential but the courts are closed so these days are really slow. I work on my own so I can leave early when I want like today I'll be out of here by 3 pm and go work on the GP.....working on the GP helps keep me somewhat sane... :popcorn:

Reactions: 3 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I'm still working, even though I don't want to... Amazon is busy as sh*t, and they gave us a raise to keep people showing up for work. Overtime is now paid Double. I have used (3) vacation days just to limit my exposure. There are now (24) confirmed cases in my building. :cautious: So if I die from CV-19 getting your toilet paper order out for you, who gets my cars??
Me?

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor