Worst modification you can make to a gbody

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess my car is definitely hated. My '83 Cutlass has had 22s and is now on 26s. Not to mention it has the factory sunroof (astroroof). Oh well, at least I still have my a/c and my big block makes all of my problems go away/vanish in my rearview mirror. :twisted:

My personal gripe is guys who "yank all that e-mission crap" off the car then wonder why it runs like poop. If you don't have a resume that includes decades of working on non-emissions cars, then just leave it alone. Or at least edumacate yourself about how old cars worked so you actually know what you are getting into. Cleaning up the engine compartment is no excuse to yank everything and then post endless questions as to why the car sucks now.

Bonnewagon said:
My personal gripe is guys who "yank all that e-mission crap" off the car then wonder why it runs like poop. If you don't have a resume that includes decades of working on non-emissions cars, then just leave it alone. Or at least edumacate yourself about how old cars worked so you actually know what you are getting into. Cleaning up the engine compartment is no excuse to yank everything and then post endless questions as to why the car sucks now.
VERY well said. Im going to have to say thats the #1 worst modification. everything put on that car was put there for a reason

Few things bother me more than aftermarket cubic inch badges. Something about advertising your motor with a plastic "350" or "454" emblem strategically placed for fugly is just wrong. Motors should be heard not read.

I have been driving my 84' around looking like the bride of Frankenstein with no bumper cover, no grills, and a messed up passenger side fender...but when I am behind the wheel she still looks the same and drives it too. Can't wait to finish body work, but I try to find the upside in things. I have no front end but then you can see my brand new condenser, radiator core cross braces and my trans cooler; and walk a little closer and you see my nice Hotchkis front sway bar and links.

For me, one of the worst mods on a gbody (or any other car) is to swap from a manual to an automatic.

I don't think my sunroof is factory... But whoever did it, it was well done. It's lasted many years in the previous owner, and is only starting to rust and leak now. But, once it starts... it' go's quick!

My #1 most hated thing I see ON ANY CAR is those cheap-*ss stick on fender vents! I see them on hoods, quarter panels, etc, etc.

I'm not a fan of a/c delete either. I understand why people do it, but some of those block off plates just look damn ugly.

Fiberglass molded dashes with excessively goofy sh*t aggravates me too.

I definitely agree with that, stupid stick on stuff. We could all be real cool and hang a little ornament or stuffed animal off the back bumper :rofl:

lifting it up on 22" wheels. You want a truck by a truck :wtf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor