Worst modification you can make to a gbody

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have no ac or heater but what if its for a good reason like....its not a street car lol strictly track and its not covered up by one of those ugly chrome delete panels i tacked on a piece of sheet metal and smoothed it out to look flush with my firewall and sprayed it to match my engine bay but yea my daily driver wagon i will be sure to leave ac and heater in for those hot days and foggy windows

G-Body_Vet said:
My #1 most hated thing I see ON ANY CAR is those cheap-*ss stick on fender vents! I see them on hoods, quarter panels, etc, etc.

I'm not a fan of a/c delete either. I understand why people do it, but some of those block off plates just look damn ugly.

Fiberglass molded dashes with excessively goofy sh*t aggravates me too.

I thought it was cool when Buick brought the port holes back a few years ago. Its an old Buick tradition but looks silly on anything else.

khan0165 said:
I foresee an endless array of "Donk" vs "Non-Donk" vs "Lifted" vs "Hydraulics" and "You suck" "No You suck" arguments. :rofl:
but I'll get the ball rolling with sunroofs... Great looking, horrible idea. It's a free ticket to rustville and rain-leak-town. The flat roof design of the G's was just not sunroof friendly.

Dont get me started about the "Donk" and "Lifted" or rollin on "6's".... :puke: However, I respect the right to individuality, even if it looks like crap. Sorta like people who pierce every inch of their face... :roll:

My Salon has a sunroof (Astro-Roof) and I love it, but it does leak sometimes and without the wind deflector, its rather noisy too. Would much rather have a solid roof hard top, but I can live with what Ive got....
File5.jpg

In no particular order, these things bug the f*ck out of me when I see em;

1) Swapping in a different make engine in your car. Usually a Chubby 350 in a Cutlass.

2) Removing A/C. I have no problem with people not wanting A/C, but for f*cks sake, do a proper A/C delete conversion. I hate seeing a perfectly nice G-body with the A/C compressor and hoses removed but with the big A/C module still sticking out of the firewall doing nothing but look like $hit.

3) Donks

4) Dumping a 2004r transmission for a non OD 3 speed. Nothing like taking a step backward.

5) Chromed out engines and any engine that looks like the aftermarket puked all over it. I've seen more than one nice car with 'Edelbrock everything' under the hood, including plenty of Edelbrock stickers too for that extra gaudy appearance.

6) When people rip out the 'Quadrajunk' carb for a much 'cooler' Edelbrock or Holly. If you de-computerise the car, put in a properly built non CCC Qjet.

7) Exhaust pipe routed under the transmission crossmember on the drivers side.

8- Monte tailpipe exits on a Cutlass.

9) Unused vac ports plugged with inches of vacuum line and a screw. Seriously people?

10) Column shifters. Nothing kills the sporty look of a G-body more than the grandma column shiter.

Air shocks in the rear at full psi, to get enough clearance for the huge 15" tires that stick out past the wheel wells. And then 14" wheels up front with skinny 50-60 series tires.

Sidepipes

I'd have to agree with the Buick fender stickers, and humongous rims. But I really hate those metal testicles that people hang off of the rear bumper.

G-Body_Vet said:
My #1 most hated thing I see ON ANY CAR is those cheap-*ss stick on fender vents! I see them on hoods, quarter panels, etc, etc.

I'm not a fan of a/c delete either. I understand why people do it, but some of those block off plates just look damn ugly.

Fiberglass molded dashes with excessively goofy sh*t aggravates me too.
X2 for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor