Would there be any intrest in new fiberglass repros

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonys57chevy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 17, 2006
LITTLE EGG HARBOR NJ.
:D Would there be any intrest in new fiberglass repros of a stock center console they would be paint able and come in black or white gel coat. also might be making repo rear stand up and lay down spoilers, gauge housing full face plates that you can cut the holes out to put any size gauges in you want. other stock holes will be in it headlight switch ,rear defroster switch etc. none are made yet trying to see if there would be an intrest in any of this stuff

zerex

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 27, 2006
Guess it would really depend on how much they are :p

85t5mcss

Master Mechanic
Apr 24, 2006
Indy, IN
Not knowing price is hard to say, but definitely would have some interest in center console and instrument panel cover. I've got some AutoMeters that I'd like to use, but refuse to cut up a factory dash. Maybe I'll start looking for a spare back half of cluster to cut up. I assume u r only considering the face plate part.

tonys57chevy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 17, 2006
LITTLE EGG HARBOR NJ.
i have to talk to the shop that would be doing it for me later this week they are away till thursday on vac. i know the more i would have made the cheaper they will be. as for the gauge housing that is something i did not think there would be a big need for but i can look into it

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
http://www.maliburacing.com/ezcp/

Is that the type of gauge housing you are talking about? I don't know if that one is a big seller, but it may not be worth making another if it would be similar. Personally I think that one looks kind of cheap, so if you could come up with something better there may be a market.

Console and spoilers may have a market as well depending on the price. Price will be the biggest obstacle as most people prefer GM, and original parts are still plentiful and cheap. The extended rear spoiler like Lauren Engineering makes may be better as it is a little pricey from them I believe - I think theirs is 2" longer, whereas 1" longer would look really good IMO.

Just some ideas to throw out there :)

tonys57chevy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 17, 2006
LITTLE EGG HARBOR NJ.
thank you for the input. i realy like to hear whatr people want and like. i was looking to keep the it more stock looking then the one you showed me i did not like that one also. when i have a demo i will post pics. i wanted to keep the ac vent and slots for the lights on the right side also

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor