Would you call me "Mr. Grinch"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
As a mailman, all it means to me is endless forced overtime and no time for anything else. I'll take this opportunity to say SCREW YOU AMAZON!

480noqfy2yyz.jpg
You're an unsung hero, Begal. You're almost literally Santa.

• Agree
  • Happy
Reactions: 7 users

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
As a mailman, all it means to me is endless forced overtime and no time for anything else. I'll take this opportunity to say SCREW YOU AMAZON!

480noqfy2yyz.jpg

Ditto that, RB!

I enjoy Christmas as best I can, but work makes it really difficult. Having many years under my belt at the USPS I take the last two weeks of the year off to catch my breath and unwind a bit before Christmas arrives. My wife, kids and family make it great. I am looking forward to it.

As for Christmas music, I'm just starting to listen in. Trans Siberian Orchestra is pretty fun to listen to, and the old time classics from Bing, Elvis, and many others from my vinyl spinning youth.

Reactions: 3 users

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
Ditto that, RB!

I enjoy Christmas as best I can, but work makes it really difficult. Having many years under my belt at the USPS I take the last two weeks of the year off to catch my breath and unwind a bit before Christmas arrives. My wife, kids and family make it great. I am looking forward to it.

As for Christmas music, I'm just starting to listen in. Trans Siberian Orchestra is pretty fun to listen to, and the old time classics from Bing, Elvis, and many others from my vinyl spinning youth.

I try to enjoy it too. Taking off the last two weeks is an great thing. Usually the two senior guys take that. even after 25 years im still 5 of 12 in seniority. I'll be on that as soon as I can. :friday:

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Never having any kids, we don't view Christmas the same way as when we WERE kids ourselves, obviously. All along the year, if we need something, we simply get it. Gift giving at Christmas isn't as big of a deal as it was years ago. We still swap gifts, but it's a simple affair. We don't even put up Christmas decorations any more. We still acknowledge the reason for the season, but it has gotten so commercialized, it's very sad. Started seeing Christmas ads before Halloween this year. That is just WRONG.

I have been fortunate to watch the annual cartoon showing of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" every single year since I was a kid. Just watched it the other night in fact. Also, I do love TBS' "A Christmas Story" marathon. Two timeless classics.

I have become somewhat of a "get off my lawn" kind of guy, but stupid people gave me the reason to feel the way I do. Kyle Reese was right. I may have got the quote wrong here...… :)

"Listen and understand! Stupid people are out there. They can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with.
They don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, EVER! Until you are either just as stupid
as they are or you kill yourself!"

kyle-reese.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
OK we are three dayout from Thanksgiving, officially at the beginning of the Christmas season but I'm looking forward to it being over already. Today at the laundromat I hit my limit of Christmas as all they played on the radio was nothing but Christmas music. I'm tired of it already, loosing interest in putting up the decorations, don't want to see anything related on TV, can do with out the activites. I should be more accepting of the holiday having the Jr. mechanic to relive my childhood again, remembering how excited I used to get not able to wait for the chance to rip open the first gift. Am I turning into the "get off my lawn" guy? I know I don't have much faith in most of the human population but I shouldn't be looking at the holiday the same way. Or do I just hate the forced upon holiday music & advertising? There's my rant. If I earned some insults tossed at me for this rant go for it, guess I deserve it. :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Just ignore it all. I do, and have for decades. ITZ all about the money, your money, and getting into your pocket!
yup.gif

• Agree

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
For many small businesses though, the Christmas buying season makes up a large portion of their ANNUAL profits. So the economy is somewhat dependent on it. But I agree it's all about the $$ now. Maybe it'll be a good season and push up the stock market some and keep my dividends flowing!

• Agree

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I'm on board with ya Grunt! every year, I see the christmas stuff get put up earlier and earlier... when I walked into the local Wally-world in the middle of october, and all the trees and decorations were already up, I about lost it......

like hurst said, we don't have kids either, so the wife and I usually do little things for each other, and something bigger together for the both of us or the house/cars/entertainment.....

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor