WTF... 4cyl regal????

Status
Not open for further replies.

2fit661ca

Master Mechanic
Nov 16, 2009
Fairfield, IA
i feel ya! its a shame that the greed of those in power (Oil Companies) has made the American Auto industry sacrifice so much pride and power. After 9/11 the price for gas has almost quadrupled, and the worst part is that the price per barrel of oil hasn't changed but $4-$6 the last 10 years. They're just using "terror" to bump prices and therefore cripple the industry that brought the US to prominence after WWII.

Its not the 4 cylinder that bugs me, there is a turbo option. Its so plane looking to me. Whats with the US automakers innability to make anything look agressive/unique with the exception of the retro muscle cars? New regal looks like a lexus or something boring like that. And why has GM phased out 2 doors? Does everone want a 4 door or something. The monte and the grand prixs were the last 2 door and they got phased out!

Either give it something that makes it a regal or dont call it a regal. Not impressed.

the "aggressive" look isn't popular anymore.... nowadays, people want stupid eco friendly cars with "aero-dynamic" profiles... something that resembles the prius... i think GM was close with the G8, but Pontiac failed... every time somebody buys a prius, an american family starves, a polar bear dies, and Al Gore is that much closer to being right about Global Warming.... *scary thought....

IN ORDER FOR IT TO BE A TRUE REGAL, IT NEEDS A 3800 V6. THAT IS WHAT MADE THE REGAL A REGAL, NOT THE NAME. 2 OR 4 DOOR. (2 door would be nicer though)

welcome to 2010 😉

i think there was the same discussion as GM used 6cyl (3800 V6 😉 )in the beginning of the 80th
a 6 or 8 cyl wouldn't be bad, but its a problem to get the mileage same as a 4 cyl with the same efford.

paying to much money to get to work isnt very helpful.

Eh....Oldsmobile did stuff like this with the Cutlass and we all know how that turned out.

I don't understand the thoughts behind converting a bad *ss two door RWD car (Cutlass, and now the Regal) over to a FWD 4 door pooch. And on top of it, come out with a new hip car and not call that the Cutlass instead (Alero). Everyone knows at least 1 person that owns or has owned a Cutlass in their life. Why would you mess with history like that. Same as if they were to convert the Mustang or Camaro over to a 4 door. I can deal with converting over to FWD, but 4 door is not acceptable.

Buick is on the out. Hopefully all the other cuts they made in GM will help sustain Buick, but this is getting retarded.

x11bu_rg004_opt.jpg

x11bu_rg005_opt.jpg

buick was ahead of the game with the FWD 3800 SFIs and TPIs... 4 door or not, no, they don't live p to theirmodel name, but they exceed the make nameplate. i love my 90 lesabre, and when she finally dies, i'm getting another 86 to 90 lesabre. it's too damned good of a car. lots of power, great ahndleing, and they run forever. and not to mention, every 3.8 i've ever scene, runs smoother than every 4 cyl i've ever scene. you can't have a luxury 4cyl... remember the Cadillac Cimmeron?

how about a new chevy??

http://www.car-catalog.com/small_cars/c ... _matiz.htm

thats really annoying.

GM makes money with Buick especial in China, so if it helps that GM dont die, its ok

btw. the regal have the same platform as the opel insignia here, there is an opc model with AWD and 2,8V6 biturbo and 239KW/325 HP wondering if they dont put it in the regal

Im sure im going to get murdered here, but i dont really care that they're calling it a regal. I mean, the standard regal ( along with cutlasses, monte carlos, and GP,s) of the 80's were never really that bad *ss to begin with. Dont get me wrong, I love G bodies, they look awesome and can be beefed up into muscle cars, but from the factory were acutally pretty weak. Its not like the're calling it a Grand National or a T-type. The bottom line is gas prices suck, i would have no problem driving a little 4 banger as a daily driver. The days of mass produced muscle cars are gone, and i dont think its such a horrible thing. Like i said, I love g bodies and muscle cars, but we dont have control of the oil. And even if we did, the earth will run out of oil one day.

and now we have been comfronted with a sad truth that we cannot deny... muscle is gone and 4bangers and hybrids are here... oh well... someday, somebody will invent a good replacement for the stupid 4 bangers and then we will have a new car to obsess over... whether it be GM, Toyota, or god forbid, Chrysler-Fiat

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor