WTF!!! 4th Gen Camaro seat help please....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CostasCutlass

Apprentice
Apr 3, 2008
NJ, 07003
OK, got a set of 4th gen camaro seats (cloth manual) today. I pulled my seats out and put my rails from the 60/40 split bench on the new seats. I go to put them in and learn that apparently the camaro seats have narrower mounting locations for the rails, so they wont bolt back in!!! :x :shock: Now its raining :blam: and I have no desire to swap the frame rails back onto my bench seat. Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do? Make a bracket or just bend the current rails?
Just curious, don't 3rd gen camaro seats bolt into g-bodies with just the frames swapped? and don't 4th gen camaro seats bolt right into 3rd gens, again with the rails swapped? :wtf: .........

CostasCutlass

Apprentice
Apr 3, 2008
NJ, 07003
Anyone? please?? Seen this done on any other forum or anything? Just getting very pissed.....

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
All i can tell ya is that i made my own brackets for my third gen seats in my malibu. I only had the bench seat(not split bench) so i didn't even bother with swapping tracks. Good luck.

CostasCutlass

Apprentice
Apr 3, 2008
NJ, 07003
Thanks for the input..... I went back and measured everything, the rails need to be about an inch out on either side. If only I thought to measure first.....

Clutch_Grabwell

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2007
Millbury, Mass.
Seat Tracks

I ran into the same problem when swapping from power split bench to buckets. The bucket seat wouldn't fit onto the power track. I bought a power track from a G-body vendor that didn't fit either. The vendor didn't know what the problem was but sent another track that did fit. The easy fix is to find a set of bucket seat tracks. You've already got the floor studs in the right place. You're way ahead of someone swapping from a full bench.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I would drill out the rivets that hold the tracks to the plates you bolt them to the car with. Then, just drill the holes a half an inch wider on each side so that the seats stay centered in the car. Assemble with bolts and nylock nuts (or rivets) and it should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor