WTF eBay??? Search results are not following search request entered

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Not sure if anyone else is having this issue with them but I but a search for parts by say ITM shifter & I can't get new listings even when slecting newest first or even a complete list of what is out there. Looking for the '81-'82 Vette power mirrors just to get shjt that has no connection with Corvette, power, mirror or what fits a '81 or '82. It's amost like it has so be based on an exact make/model/year/engine/trim now than just a random part search. Even generic '81 Monte Carlo searches blows. But I look for stuff for the slot cars, no issues. I know they revamped the search engine but are they trying to get you to buy just what some seller claims fits your car by eBay's standards?

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Spent an almost an hour chatting with their "assistant" & a real human of unknown origins with limited results. Did prove it's on their end. So will they fix it or not care & roll with it?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Might of been but it was via the web so it could of been better AI than the "assistant". Not even sure if the "human" was even on this continent or even had an idea what a car is.

Reactions: 1 users

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
You have to put it in about three different ways and only then the first two or three that pop up might be what your looking for.
I have a tendency to look at origin of shipping.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Nope, it is not just you. I run search engines for a variety of items and recently had to visit my E-page and reset all the resident search engiens because they were giving up nothing but junk. I also strongly agree with Ugly1 about the source. I can work with places like Australia but India and China are just too much work for too little value or quality.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor