WTF? totally corroded wiring connector--kitchen not car

Status
Not open for further replies.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
replaced the connector for the stove heating element about 5 months ago. already one terminal is totally gone, the other is fine! anyone ever see this? any idea what caused it?
oh, by gone i mean it doesn't exist, just a bunch of dust back to the crimp itself, and that's not lookin too good.

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Black magic is all I can think of... Lets find us a b*tch to burn at the stake for this crime against humanity.

What kind of stove is it anyway electric? I hate electric... Get a gas stove they're way better. I'd go to a wood burner if it wasn't such a b*tch to get enough wood to burn. :lol:

NY87SS

Greasemonkey
Dec 14, 2008
Palmyra, NY
Did you replace the receptacle with it????
If they don't make good solid contact then you get spark jumps that will eat the ends up.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
the receptacle was replaced also (single unit), i checked the fit when i did the install, no problems. i am going to try dielectric grease this time. i've just never seen a contact go so bad in so short a period of time without saltwater or chemicals.
black magic? no, i keep that stuff in the other room.
well i rent, so swapping stoves is not an option. besides, every gas unit i ever used was utter crap. took forever to boil water and you could never fine tune it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor