X pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
I have a 1979 Chevy Malibu with small block Chevy 400 engine I will be installing Hedman headers part number 68606 Mid length headers is there a x pipe to hook up to these Hesders with a 3 inch to 2 1/2 inch pipe diameter also using a g force crossmember rcg-700?

Reactions: 1 user

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Don't know your reasoning for wanting an X pipe but I got 0 gains from that set-up.

IMG_4053.JPG

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I put a Summit universal x-pipe on my Regal because it made it easier to go from the wide spread of the headers up front to the narrow factory Y-pipe that I tapped into

20190603_151646_resized.jpg

• Informative
  • Useful
Reactions: 3 users

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
My wagon came with a brand new exhaust system installed including an X pipe. It also has a G Force crossmember holding up the Turbo 400 trans.

I could tell the exhaust was the absolute last thing added to the car because it was in the way of EVERYTHING! It was a nightmare just trying to get the driveshaft out the two times I needed to drop the trans. I also didn't want to take the exhaust loose for fear of leaks afterward. Tough getting the starter out too.

It was all I could do to get the crossmember slid back far enough since there was no removing it, to get the trans down nearly sideways.

I don't care if an X pipe was worth 50 horsepower, I absolutely WON'T have another on any car let alone a daily driver like this car is. Once this system rots away it will be stock manifolds and true duals all the way back.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor