Xena the Warrior Princess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
For those that know or just e-know me and others that have heard me talk about her and our other 4 legged kids . . .

Our Xena the Warrior Princess, Toy Manchester Terrier, lost her battle with life today at nearly 17.

That 3 mile drive to the vet was QUITE long and yet not nearly long enough . . .

Oct 6 2001 - Apr 9th 2018 RIP Sweetie!

How can you not take me home? Of course, she was my 3rd and I'm already looking for a 4th. Amazing and somewhat rare dogs.

img_0641-jpg.2652424

Doing her most favorite thing in the world . . .

img_0642-jpg.2652429

Treto, our Boxer, not known for his gentleness, even knew something was wrong in recent days . . . he nudged her a couple of times trying to get her to go play but then just laid down beside her and I was lucky to get the shot.

img_1135-jpg.2652431

And, since I've been dealing with my own health issues at home lately, we had our time to say goodbye. Blessed because not everyone does . . .

img_1141-jpg.2652434

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
My sincere condolences Garth. I’ve had to go through that process several times over the years and it never gets any easier. It’s funny how the dogs can sense when something’s wrong, well before we ever can. My Boxer buddy Tucker is getting up in years at 10 this year too, and I’m thankful for every moment I get to spend with him.

Hang in there, my thoughts are with you.

D.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Weird, I don't think I've cried since dad died in 2011. Pets can still do it to me every time . . .

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
We lost our Pomeranian after 14 years last year. I didn't want another dog but my Wife insisted. She also did some research and decided on a mini Dachshund, Penny is a long hair. Other than potty training difficulty and agressive behavior with strangers and other strange dogs, she is so much fun! They are so affectionate and fun, she loves to play and sleep too. One review calls them the clowns of the dog world, they really are. I never thought, especially after losing a loyal dog like Teddy that I would want more dogs. We will be getting another mini Weiner next year and who knows how many more. Our youngest daughter is going into Grade 12 and our oldest daughter isn't coming home for the summer, so we need some kids in our house.

Reactions: 4 users

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Very sorry for your loss, it sure isn't easy loosing a good dog!

I took a six year hiatus from dog ownership after the loss of my rotty/lab mutt, she had cancer and it was progressing. The vet told me I'd know when it was time, and he was right. She almost made her eleventh birthday.

We took in a rescue pup a year ago and we're very happy to have a dog around the house again.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Sorry for your loss - no doubt you gave her a great life.

Funny, our cats are named after She-Ra (registered as Princess Adora) and Wonder Woman (registered as Princess Diana)... I love being dorky.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Sorry for your loss. It's hard to lose a pet, they are like a kid who never grows up and give us much more than we give them.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Thanks everyone.

Treto’s normal posture. He’s a sweetheart but my neighbors and anyone coming to the door are scared to death of him. Geez, I wonder why? This is why that tender shot above was so precious.

A456458F-8D1E-4E69-888C-9F3EA4752C96.jpeg

He’s still wandering around the house this morning trying to find her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor