Y crossover pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Will a 1978 Elco 350 Y crossover pipe fit bolt on a 1986 Elco 305?
Yes it will but you might have to swap the drivers side as most '78 350 cars used the earlier ('64-'77 A-body) manifold. Also you'll have to check the passenger side to see if the flange is for either a two or three stud manifold. If it's for the three stud then you'll need the '78 passenger side too. Later trucks also used the newer three stud manifolds like the two stud ones used on our cars.

Reactions: 1 user

elcotrk

Apprentice
Oct 8, 2021
Yes it will but you might have to swap the drivers side as most '78 350 cars used the earlier ('64-'77 A-body) manifold. Also you'll have to check the passenger side to see if the flange is for either a two or three stud manifold. If it's for the three stud then you'll need the '78 passenger side too. Later trucks also used the newer three stud manifolds like the two stud ones used on our cars.
Thx, good to know my 86 manifolds are 2 bolt and the 78 Y pipe is 2 bolt so it should fit. My manifolds have AIR emissions tubes, 78 doesn’t. Y pipe bolts to catalytic converter on 86, as I would think on the 78

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor