Year One/Gbodyparts.com Olds SS II 17" wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgmeadows

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2017
Georgia
Just for reference. I ordered the same wheel set from G body autoparts June 2021. I had the same lack of communication right up until January of 2022 about 5 weeks before my rims actually arrived.
They are still in the boxes for a break in the crappy New York weather to break them out of storage.
So did you actually receive 9" wheels with 4.5" backspace?

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
"Planning on rear discs? That swap adds ~.250".
Just as a side note, if you have aluminum drums, they are the same thickness as rear F body rotors. I just measured because I was going to replace the rear wheel studs, and then realized nothing changed as far as spacing.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Just as a side note, if you have aluminum drums, they are the same thickness as rear F body rotors. I just measured because I was going to replace the rear wheel studs, and then realized nothing changed as far as spacing.
Interesting & thanks for mentioning that. I have the LS1f-body rears in boxes for their next lease on life under the 'Bu. Previously I just checked w/the current steel drums when measuring the fit-a-ment & knew the track width would change. I have a pair of the aluminum drums sitting on the shelf & didn't think to check them as well. Makes sense the aluminum version would be slightly thicker from a materials standpoint.

I have the 'possible' front wheels in house (not fully committed yet). Once I make that decision, I was going to order rears w/the rear disc set-up dimensions/backspacing target & run a .250" spacer if necessary (likely) for the interim while the drums were still out back. Instead, I can pop the aluminum drums on there & achieve the same spacing. I'll measure mine before closing down the shop for the day & make sure the dimensions are consistent.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor