Yep, moved to the Klopeks, now for renovations!

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
So, their hatred was in FULL force and effect tonight. I suspected some hostility, based on people at the commissioners office aka the unincorporated county version of city hall knew who I was on sight when I walked into renew my disability placard - every 4 years, blah blah blah.

So, tonight, the chair of the meeting repeated tried to cut me off, limit speaking, and eventually try not to recognize me. When I mentioned at one point I after he tried to reduce my time and limit speaking, I mentioned I also was speaking on behalf of people who were unable to attend included in my comments. He said he would not recognize that without proof in writing from them, or, someone saying I did.

So, I went to some other residents that we're there, and had them get recognized, go to the podium, and them team the chair they were yielding their time to me as their counsel and representative to speak on their behalf. The other Commissioners laughed at that one, the chair did not.

When our PERSONAL subdivision came up, the guy was being a particular d!ck, so, I waited for a few people to speak, got back to the podium, and, said 'Before I resume comments and objections to the proposed planned unit development, I have a question I'd like to ask you as Commissioners. Do any of you now, or have you had, a relationship with any of the parties to the rezoning, such as the current owner who stands to benefit from the sale? Like maybe being a registered agent for the owner who filed the application, where maybe you shouldve recused yourself from the discussion on this matter?"

As I said I panned the commissioners looking them in their faces, some smirked, and, the chair looked at me and said 'I guess you're referring to me.' And I said, "If you fit that drscription." He said, "Well, I dont vote on the proposal as the chair, so, the county attorney said its ok." To which I replied, "well, you are choosing who to recognize, and how long they speak, steering the conversation in the process. And, youre asking questions and participating in the deliberations. So, I have to respectfully disagree on that one."

And the room erupted in laughter.

So. They hate me even more now. And I'm sure the non-voting chair hates me A LOT.

Meanwhile, of the proposals I brought up, and spoke against, 2 were unanimously rejected as a final decision, and the third (a 9,250,000 SF warehouse project) requested their project be tabled until mid August (their only opportunity to do so without withdrawing it completely) after being caught in lies to the commission that I teed up and drew out their inconsistencies the commissioners then learned about.

So, even though that third one wasn't defeated outright, I'll take it.

Oh, and I'm also quoted extensively by a newspaper reporter who I'm to send additional information regarding my source material who will be writing an article about some other things. So, theres that. I'll have to see what they say, maybe pick up a few copies.

Well. . . did they renew your placard or not?

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Well. . . did they renew your placard or not?
Almost not, I think. The person walked away from the window saying "I don't know if I can do this.." and went to talk to someone else back in the office. Eventually a few minutes.came back and did it.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor