Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Damnit Donovan, had to go and make a thread to let everybody know your awesome *ss work is firing up full force on the NAUT again lol!!!! In all seriousness, i personally have been waiting to see what those fender mods will look like (badass 4 sure!!!)
To all the newbies if you read this.....check his build thread out.....serious skill and eye for detail is top notch!!!!
Hammer down Donovan, all will be tuning in!

Reactions: 1 user

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
oh great!... i briefly browsed your thread and told myself " damn he still going at it" gonna need to follow up!!

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
oh great!... i briefly browsed your thread and told myself " damn he still going at it" gonna need to follow up!!

Yep, unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it), I'm still at it.
As most of us know, it's a painstakingly slow process, especially when you're as obsessed with the details as I am!
Hopefully my long winded posts are presented in a somewhat entertaining format, and aren't TOO painful to read...
;)
I appreciate you refreshing yourself with the build, thanks!

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
gives me motivation for my junk! lol!!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Damnit Donovan, had to go and make a thread to let everybody know your awesome *ss work is firing up full force on the NAUT again lol!!!! In all seriousness, i personally have been waiting to see what those fender mods will look like (badass 4 sure!!!)
To all the newbies if you read this.....check his build thread out.....serious skill and eye for detail is top notch!!!!
Hammer down Donovan, all will be tuning in!

Scott, I'm gonna hire you as my personal PR man...
;)
Thanks for the kind words my friend!

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Scott, I'm gonna hire you as my personal PR man...
;)
Thanks for the kind words my friend!
Lol no problem Donovan! Talking about the passion of this hobby, it literally runs in the blood. Hell i was donating one time and the nurse asked why it was thick...told her it was 75w140 and she was lost lol!!!!
My mom used to drag race a 396 chevelle ss back in the early 70's....still has her jacket! I grew up around boat racing, drag racing, circle track stuff....you name it. My dad had my younger brother and myself helping with engine swaps at maybe 9 or 10 yrs old!
sh*t, we were customizing model cars, go karts, rc cars as kids lol! My brother in law says I'm ate up with the obsession, yep he's right but i wouldn't change a thing! Luckily my beautiful bride loves cars (after my cutlass gets finished i have to hunt down a old chevy p/u or a chevelle for her), as well as my 2 girls who definitely have stock in hot wheels to go with their dolls!!! If my 2 yr old hears a musclecar she starts shaking and imitating it lol!
Sorry for the long winded reply Donovan, that's how i get sometimes when talking cars.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hey, no apologies needed my friend.

Your enthusiasm and passion for the hobby is something we all share.
After all, that's the reason we do what we do, and join forums such as this to share our love of the hobby with other like-minded folks.

While our backgrounds may differ, it's that love of the hobby that unites us all.
In my case, I grew up building model cars like so many others did, but when I got older, I had no one that had any relation to the hobby, never mind any interest.
My old man was always into hunting and fishing, and had neither the space or tools for wrenching on old iron. Neither did any of my extended family or friends at the time.

In fact, I never took a single automotives or autobody course all through high school. It may interest you to discover that I'm self taught in everything but autobody repair, and all post high school. And keep in mind this was before the invention of the Internet! (I'm dating myself now...)
Lol
Hell, I taught myself how the internal combustion engine worked out of hot rod magazines and books, and how to weld on sheetmetal! of all things at 19.

It wasn't until after high school I happened across a hardcore group of guys that hung out at a local cruise night on the weekends and went street racing afterwards that I discovered an interest in it.

I still remember watching those old musclecars rumbling, smoking the tires, and tearing down the streets all the while thinking to myself "I want in on this. That's gonna be me some day..."
The rest as they say, is history...
Thanks for letting me reminisce and remember my humble beginnings.
:)

Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
That's an awesome backstory Donovan especially knowing that the exquisite work you put out is self taught. Truth is, most of my skill is self taught too with the exception of electrical systems. Even though my dad is a 40+ year veteran diesel mechanic (worked on tanks and trucks in vietnam via the army), he intentionally wouldn't teach me a lot because he wanted me to learn.
Hell, when i did my sbc swap on my cutlass when i was 19 he told me he didn't think i could do it!!! However, when i pulled up to his house with a rowdy engine running open headers he just grinned ear to ear and said he was testing my determination to complete a project. At that point i gained much more respect for him and from that day he has helped countless times on troubleshooting, wrenching, etc.
We all start at the same place, it's the road we travel that makes us who we are in the end!
Alright, done with the verbal diarrhea now, back to the Juggernaut!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor