"Your car have my eyes burning"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veltboy618

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2008
I just bought a 1985 Cutlass & I haven't did any work to it yet. I know it needs a major tune up but I been driving it around anyway. I was sitting at a stoplight yesterday when a lady in a car next to me yelled "your car have my eyes burning". There is a gas smell coming from the exhaust & it have my eyes burning sometimes too. What could the problem be?

I'd say you're running very rich, be it from over fueling or weak ignition. I'd get on that tune up ASAP. While under the hood, sniff the dipstick and see if you can smell any fuel in your oil. If so, you'll want to change it right away.

supercrackerbox said:
I'd say you're running very rich, be it from over fueling or weak ignition. I'd get on that tune up ASAP. While under the hood, sniff the dipstick and see if you can smell any fuel in your oil. If so, you'll want to change it right away.

OK Thanks!

Also check your charcoal canister and change out the little filter on the bottom of it. also make sure no rubber lines are cracked or unplugged to it. But the tune up is very important...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor