Your car *WILL* get stolen!

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016
Maine is open carry... and no permit to conceal carry if your a resident... only problem is the Out of Stater transplants freak out and call 911 for the crazy gun toting hicks....
ah missouri is the only state where you dont need a conceal carry license to conceal carry

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
As far out of time as it was it didn't even sputter. Acted like it had a bad coil or something. And the distributor was tight enough I had to use both hands to turn it

if my distributor is loose enough to turn it will leak oil at the seal area

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
Why I'm home I park my truck in front of my car so they have to move my truck first

MurderMonte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 8, 2021
my last Monte Carlo was a 1978, when i bought the car i changed the column out for a floor shift column. they stole the stereo out of it the first time. The second time they came back with a tow truck in bright sun light and took the car. not a person in the complex we were living in even said a word or saw it. nothing was found of the car. the police called a year later to ask for the vin number because they had pulled someone over that had a car that looked like the description of mine. but the vin was coming up wrong it was 1 number off of the one on the report. police couldn't do anything about it and had to let them go. wouldn't let me come ID the car nor did they tell me where it was so i could try. if they want it they will get it. they defeated 4 different forums of alarms on the car to get it on the street. so you can do what you want the best alarm is a nosy window watcher living next-door. and cameras so at least you might catch a glimpse of their face. but now with Covid nobody will care if they see a person with a mask on walking to your car.

Michael Watts

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2017
I had someone try to steal my 1981 El Camino SS twice by braking the tilt column .And is a pain to replace .I have put a "Club" steering wheel lock and hid a battery cut off switch.And its been left alone switch .

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Gotta be smarter than both the car and the thief. Put a switch in the glove box to run a relay to power the ignition. Or wire it into a factory switch such as the cruise on/off or somethig similar. It will never drive away unless you let everyone and their brother know how you set it up.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor