Your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pc3

Master Mechanic
Nov 17, 2019
Once again I am on the hunt. Any idea what these might possibly be out off. Once again the sellrr has no clue I thinking b body olds ,??????7
86277929_184411842794862_8568948170610966528_n.jpeg

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Cant find a set of Monte buckets ? I see them all over the place. You can get new seat buns, buy the oem material from SMS and you would have a perfect match.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
So what color are you looking for?
What material are you looking for as in vinyl, velour etc.?
If you have a factory bench seat do you know you will need the inner mounts to install buckets?
If you find buckets that need new upholstery would you be able to install them yourself or would you have to pay somebody?
Seats buns and new upholstery will be well over $400 just on their own and that's assuming you can match your current interior.

Pc3

Master Mechanic
Nov 17, 2019
:) I am trying to do this on the cheap..
I want vynal and I need camel color. 79 supreme did not offer this color for buckets just for the bench (according to PUI) But did for the 80! Buick also offers this color in several different years and so does pontiac just not the same pattern design.
As far as resleving the new covers. I have done the seats on my 74 z28 and Silverado before and have the hog ring pliers and rings needed. I I also have a 10' camel/ brown leather couch 😆 according to the wife that's OUT!!
I know about the mounts Im confident I can get them here from a member or get new for 50.00 or make them. I still have the mounts from the Jazz race seats from my CHEVYII from years back.
The ideal situation is to find ones that are vynal have tracks and in decent shape clean them up real good and dye.
I don't want to dump a sh*t load of cash into this car. All honesty I bought with intentions of selling it.
Besides what I already paid for it and the addition of wheels and gauge cluster I have 4100.into it.
IMO I am pushing the boundary on what I feel I can sell for.
I bought this car with the intentions of dropping in the 427 and selling it hoping to be able to recoop at least half of what it cost me to biuld. ( wishful thinking)
But now I am starting to get attached to the fin thing and I know if I drop the sbc in it AND DONT sell the madness won't stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor