Z Bar Pivot, frame mount..

Status
Not open for further replies.

druggles85

Pendejo
Oct 25, 2009
Exeter, NH
So right now I have no drivetrain in my 83 Regal. It came with 4.1 that had been sitting for 20 years.

I'm installing a Chevy 350 with a T5... But right now there's nothing in the engine bay to give me any reference.

Where does the frame mount for the z bar Pivot bolt up? It looks like something I'd rather install before the engine goes in. There's three holes drilled in it, but I just can't find any location that makes any sense to me...

I'm sure I'll feel find when I find out. LMAO.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
No intro?

druggles85

Pendejo
Oct 25, 2009
Exeter, NH
No intro?

Sorry. I want to, and I'm going to, just I've been using Photobucket forever and now they want all my money... Bastards. I just recently deactivated Facebook and and am relying on forums again now...

Do you know of a reliable photo hosting service? An introduction isn't much fun without a buttload of pictures.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Sorry. I want to, and I'm going to, just I've been using Photobucket forever and now they want all my money... Bastards. I just recently deactivated Facebook and and am relying on forums again now...

Do you know of a reliable photo hosting service? An introduction isn't much fun without a buttload of pictures.
Man, I wish I can help you with a recommendation. Photobucket has held a bunch of my photos hostage, so I know how you feel. Even pics that I didn't post with them has their banner slapped across the pics. They suck!

Btw, welcome to the forum. Didn't mean to come off like a traffic cop. Just that there's been a lot of one post guys that want their questions answered and they move on.

druggles85

Pendejo
Oct 25, 2009
Exeter, NH
No, it didn't come across that way at all. LMAO. In fact I typed out a whole big intro last night, then when I realized I couldn't post pictures anymore I just gave up.

I've been on, plenty of forums and message boards, I always liked them more than all this Facebook Group BS.

I've been hunting for a G body since I was 15, 35 now and happy to be making my first posts on this group. I joined in 2009 just so I could use the search feature.

Don't even know how that works anymore now that I'm using a smart phone and not a computer

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Those three holes on the side of the frame is where the bracket mounts. The inner fender also should have a notch in that area to clear the Z-bar. This set up is the same for all A/G's. Keep in mind you'll need the correct Chevy bellhousing & fork for our cars.
DSCN4081.JPG

• Useful
Reactions: 3 users

druggles85

Pendejo
Oct 25, 2009
Exeter, NH
Those three holes on the side of the frame is where the bracket mounts. The inner fender also should have a notch in that area to clear the Z-bar. This set up is the same for all A/G's. Keep in mind you'll need the correct Chevy bellhousing & fork for our cars.
View attachment 149407

Oh, No way. On the outside of the frame. That makes so much more sense to me now. Thank you for the picture

I thought maybe it replaced the automatic pivot by the prop valve but the holes didn't match up...

What site do you use to host images? Photobucket is holding some of mine hostage, and I don't know where to put new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor