Zero visibility, so, drive faster?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetroRob

Greasemonkey
Jan 14, 2014
Its not drive faster... its the uneducated not driving to the conditions, its not like we have never seen these conditions they happen but and I hate to be that guy but I have spent (A Life Time on the roads cleaning up these messes) its the under educated that cause these incidents. the Fast tracked to a job or License.. We (people who live in these places) Know the way the road feels and adjust accordingly... the guys causing these kinds of wrecks have never had that experience

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Sh*t like this is why my TBSS is f*cked up. And it is because only stupid people are breeding...

If it makes you feel any better this stupid person isn't breeding, but only because I can't find anyone dumb enough to breed with me
cat chasing GIF

• Haha

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
If it makes you feel any better this stupid person isn't breeding, but only because I can't find anyone dumb enough to breed with me
cat chasing GIF

Reminds me of this...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Just the other day I was with my Grandson and he was driving on I-135 in the middle of the day. I had just said to him that the hardest part of driving is avoiding the azzhats that should not be on the road. As he passed an exit/entrance of the parkway a guy exited the parkway and for a moment was door to door with him in the merge lane. Just then out of nowhere a flucking moron roars past us from the far left lane, crossing three lanes, cuts off both us and the guy trying to merge, and screeches onto the exit ramp just barely managing to not run off the road into some trees. We both had to slam on the brakes not to crash into the jackazz. We all just looked at each other and shook our heads in disbelief. Now add rain, sleet and snow. But in the car commercial on TV they were driving 100 mph through the woods in the snow.............:blam:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I live near 81 here in PA, and this is daily. Either dipship truckers playing leapfrog, 4 wheelers pulling onto onramps at 20 MPH, etc. Half the time these crackpots slow down to 20 with flashers on for a drizzle. I've lived in PA all my life, and 81 is almost as bad as I-95.
I have to drive 81 from 80 to Scranton. It’s a terrible road to drive on, and I drive in NJ near New York all the time. A lot of truckers and dump trucks flying in the snow.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
"What were these people thinking?" Short Answer, they weren't. What surprised me was the fact that the State Police did not elect to close the highway due to the bad driving conditions. Around here they are not shy about shutting it down if the surface conditions are bad or visibility sucks. Somehow gotta wonder if that kind of action needs the governor to approve it before the fact.

Had a meeting this PM and the local roads were totally iced over due to wet snow/sleet/freezing rain. Got there safely and into the building without slipping or tripping and breaking a hip but on the way home...

So, okay the temps had come up and the ice was starting to melt in sections. I'm still taking my own sweet time about it because I know there is a short section of road near the park that just been filled in with cold asphalt patch and that stuff usually gets driven off about as fast it gets laid. So I am about a half block shy of the intersection and there is a mommy van sitting there. The driver looks right at me...............AND TRIES TO PULL OUT AND TURN LEFT!!!! I know for a fact what he is thinking, if he can just get over to the southbound lane he'll be safe. But he is on the pedal and the front wheels are just spinning. He finally gets enough traction to lurch forward but now I am so close that I can see the scratches in his paint job.

Only reason I didn't eat his lunch is that I was doing about 20 mph and my back brain was already on high alert in case someone did do stupid and I wasn't disappointed. So I slowed down and he did manage to make his turn unmolested but as he was driving by me I was looking right at him and screaming, "WHAT THE F*** WERE YOU THINKING????" at the top of my lungs. Didn't blink, didn't even look my way, never mind acknowledge that he had f***** up by the numbers, just drove off.

All of which proves my contention that if someone happened to take pictures of the local drivers they would apperar beside the definition of Stupid in the Merriam-Webster Dictionary. And as bad as they are around here, out west on the coast they are, well, don't know if there is a word for how mentally deficient they actually are.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor