What did you do to your G-Body today 2024

83MonteCarloSS

Greasemonkey
Oct 5, 2015
Cut out more rot. Feels like I’ll never be done but I’m actually getting close.

Attachments

• IMG_6463.jpeg
    IMG_6463.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6462.jpeg
    IMG_6462.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 13
Reactions: 3 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Put the ignition back together yesterday after performing the valve spring and stem seal replacement a week ago. Cleaned the oil fouling off the spark plugs with a MAP torch to see how well that trick works. It did clean them pretty well visually.

Reactions: 1 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Tightened up a few bolts on the headers and collector, hoping that solves the exhaust leak. Thinking I'm taking it out tonight so will see if its better

Reactions: 2 users

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
Finished buffing the roof, however I’m not satisfied with it.
AB18A0BE-33A2-46A0-9DF7-4B0E7B9E3727.jpeg

I had been using some Wizard’s Finish Cut since I sanded this with 2000 grit, but there’s some deeper scratches present that it couldn’t touch. Picked up some Mystic Cut and while the results are better, those deeper scratches are bugging me. Going to sand with 2K again tomorrow and hit it with the Mystic, I’ll only be taking one pass with the 2K though, as I’m skittish over the 2 coats of clear this roof has.

Reactions: 4 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Took advantage of it not raining yet and headed over to the rad shop with the candidate that I had pulled out of storage up on the mezzanine deck. The receptionist was thinking over 2 for the work but the owner came out from the back and we had a chat about the situation. Ended up that they will pressure test the rad and see if it is still viable. If so then it gets flushed and a fresh coat of black paint; about an hour's labor. If not then I pay for the test and head back up into the mezzanine again to dig out the other one so I can try again.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
Replaced the transmission gear selector shaft seal, among other things.

IMG_20240515_221015705.jpg

The impact socket and extension were necessary to house the tool that drives the seal into place and give me something to hammer on with a header in the way. The bolt provided for removal was too short to reach anything but I scrounged one up that was just long enough to do the job. The new seal leaks so I'll be replacing it again soon.

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Was headed to a car show last night when my sister called and I had to shut the car off to talk to her since it was running the bluetooth through my radio and she couldnt hear me. Finally she told me my mom took a fall while at PT, so I had to turn back around and go take her to the ER to sit with her all night. Good news was the car fired back up and doesn't seem to have the warm/hot start issue anymore.

Reactions: 4 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor