a few Q's about a 81 Malibu

Status
Not open for further replies.

360demonRT

Apprentice
Jul 13, 2008
Morehead Ky
I'm talking with a guy now about buying his 81 Malibu. This car will be for my girlfriend, don't be fooled, she drives the piss out of my Mustang. The Malibu has a 90 truck 350 in it with a holley carb and an Eddy intake but otherwise stock v8 Malibu. I want to make this car run good for her and would like to scrape out some mid 12's with it. Where should I start... i know Jack about chevy performance or what is needed to net these numbers. thanks for the help. here are pics/ebay add.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Tru ... .m14.l1318

360demonRT

Apprentice
Jul 13, 2008
Morehead Ky
We went and got the car yesterday, i'll post up some pics later. the car has a holly carb (size unknown, looks 650ish), single plane eddy intake, long tubes (cant tell primary size... 1-5/8 or 1-3/4) and dual exhaust with dumped flowmasters. three speed auto tachs about 35-3800 at 65mph. any one have any ball park ideas what this car will run on say... a 2.0 60'?
thanks
Jon Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor