AC Accmulator

maxi426

Apprentice
Sep 20, 2018
If you have the wiring diagram, that will be shown as a splice. As abby castro said, possibly a ground circuit.

86 Salon

Apprentice
Mar 14, 2021
Excuse my wrong description. I was watching a Utube video showing a thin 1 wire twemp sensor with a black wire which attaches to th small tube of the evaporator with a simple hose clamp. It has one black wire which goes to the rectangular relay attached to the from of the box. The black wire is still in the relay but is crimped to a smaller gauge black wire which I believe if I trace it down will got to the AC clutch.
That sounds like a system that uses an expansion valve. Your 84 uses an orifice tube. Get a factory service manual. It looks like you may need it to clean up that wiring in your picture,

daufenbm

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 21, 2023
That sounds like a system that uses an expansion valve. Your 84 uses an orifice tube. Get a factory service manual. It looks like you may need it to clean up that wiring in your picture,
Thanks. Cover cracked on install. Now ISO of new one.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor