Automatic TH350 to TKX 5 spd swap parts list

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I am compiling a list for my 70 Cutlass S but similar will be needed for a G body. I plan on buying everything but the TKX this year. My 330 crank already has a pilot bushing installed. I will probably run the Holley dash for gauges and speedometer once the 5 spd is installed. Here is my list:
Speedmaster dual pattern flywheel
Used BOP bellhousing
Probably repo Chevelle pedals
Slave and master hydraulic clutch
Good street clutch
Offset shifter for bench with shift handle and ball
Back up light harness
A body 5 spd crossmember and mount
Custom driveshaft with yoke
A wide ratio TKX 26 spline GM transmission
Am I missing anything?

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
Maybe pilot bearing instead of bushing, and master to slave hose.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I’d do your due diligence and ensure that whatever “used BOP bellhousing” you go with also matches the TKX bolt pattern. Unlike when I was pioneering my T56 swap years ago, aftermarket scattershield and SFI approved versions are now available from QuickTimes and others.
But prepare to open your wallet, they ain’t cheap.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I’d do your due diligence and ensure that whatever “used BOP bellhousing” you go with also matches the TKX bolt pattern. Unlike when I was pioneering my T56 swap years ago, aftermarket scattershield and SFI approved versions are now available from QuickTimes and others.
But prepare to open your wallet, they ain’t cheap.
Thanks Donovan. Yeah, those bellhousing are nice but ridiculous expensive. Supposedly any factory 4 spd bellhousing will work, need to make sure. For about $100 extra I can new one, may go that route. The cost is why it is a two year project.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Just figuring out pedals, if the bracket is different. The 330 crank already had a pilot bushing installed. Almost like it was telling me, ditch the automatic.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor