Buick 350 Swap / AC Box clearance

random_farmhick

Apprentice
Dec 13, 2020
I know nothing about a buick engine, but I had a stock 455 olds in my elcamino with the stock airbox and no notching. Now I'm going with an lb7 duramax and only will have to make a small notch, although I did have to move the engine forward a little bit for downpipe clearance.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I used stock v6 mounts and with the stock valve covers always had at least a half inch of clearance, new body bushings maybe gave an 1/8th.

brrian

Master Mechanic
Jul 7, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
The motor is in - I had about 1/8 inch of clearance & instead of cutting the box, I cut the tip off the corner of the valve cover & patched it with a flat piece of metal. After paint you couldn't tell it was patched (you can't see back there anyway) and I ended up with about 3/8" to 1/2" of clearance.

Reactions: 5 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor