GBOTM Congrats Longroof79, February 2024's G-Body of the Month!

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Another Jersey wagon huh? Not many survived between the crappy roads, drivers, and salt. My buddy had an older divorced cousin who carted her three kids around in a 79 Malibu wagon. I had a thing for her car back then... her too
I'm sure if the car lived up in NY any longer, I'm sure there would've been more severe rust issues. I always tried hosing down the bottom of the car from salt and slush build up. The car was kept outdoors, no garage protection. Before buying mine, I thought these cars had cool lines and a retro look to them.
I'm sure many have not survived, depending on what part of the country they resided.

Reactions: 1 user

NJ Longroof

Random guy
Feb 27, 2020
I'm sure if the car lived up in NY any longer, I'm sure there would've been more severe rust issues. I always tried hosing down the bottom of the car from salt and slush build up. The car was kept outdoors, no garage protection. Before buying mine, I thought these cars had cool lines and a retro look to them.
I'm sure many have not survived, depending on what part of the country they resided.
Yeah most lived a hard life. I was told mine was garaged and spent its life going to a summer lake house in NY state. Never really saw winter. I agree with the retro look and lines.

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Congratulations Jack on the well deserved win!
Absolutely LOVE the wagon!

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yeah most lived a hard life. I was told mine was garaged and spent its life going to a summer lake house in NY state. Never really saw winter. I agree with the retro look and lines.
Yeah, my car was originally purchased at Boonton Chevrolet by the original owner. I bought it from a private car dealer, who I assume bought it from the original owner...or flipper. I would've liked to have spoken to the original owner and got some history about the car and how it was used. It was only 7 yrs old when I bought it with 77,000 miles on it.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor