Frame Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milwaukee tool man

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 10, 2009
A question for Flex3x Clone.....I too am going to box my frame....With that said did you put it on jack stands and level the frame or did you just have it setting on the tires.. Next why didn't you plate all the way to the front.. Thats what it looks like in the pic. If you have more pic. I would like to see them....Thanks

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
We did all of the plating with the frame on jack stands.

I didn't take the plating all the way to the transmission crossmember due to the fact that there has to be a way to install the body mounts. If I was to do it over again I would probably do it like my friend did with his '86 442:

framebox01.jpg

He still has to cut his access hole for the body mounts though.

Here's a few pictures I took of my frame along the way:

Passenger side:
brace1.jpg

Later on I tied in frame side rails to the part of the frame that turns inwards towards the control arm mounts:

Photo_111008_002.jpg

Driver's side:
brace2.jpg

Frame notch:
notch6.jpg

notch7.jpg

Something to keep in mind if you do box the frame in, you'll have to bend up your own fuel and brake lines since the stock lines won't fit any longer.
IMG_1267.jpg

nawlins-tim

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2009
New Orleans, LA USA
Hey is it fairly safe to do a frame notch with the body on the car. I'm a little concerned about the fuel lines . after seeing those pics above (very nic job) it made me think a little about saftey. anybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor