MONTE CARLO G body fi gas tank

II duece

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2023
Hello all in the process of upgrading the fuel system in my 85 monte. Would like to hear from others that have used aftermarket fuel injection tanks. I have heard a lot of bad things about some brands.
Thanks

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
You can use one from a mid '90s B Body (Impala, Caprice, Roadmaster, etc.), and the wagons hold a few more gallons. Factory tanks were plastic, aftermarket ones are steel, and you'd need the straps from the donor car as well. I haven't purchased a new tank yet so I can't comment on the quality of what's available, but if I recall it was the Spectra tanks that puked on your shoes...

II duece

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2023
You can use one from a mid '90s B Body (Impala, Caprice, Roadmaster, etc.), and the wagons hold a few more gallons. Factory tanks were plastic, aftermarket ones are steel, and you'd need the straps from the donor car as well. I haven't purchased a new tank yet so I can't comment on the quality of what's available, but if I recall it was the Spectra tanks that puked on your shoes...
Yeah I heard the spectra tanks use to do that. I also heard they made a new version of that same tank.

Reactions: 1 user

Balzak

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 10, 2020
Longview, TX
I used a Tanks Inc one on my 87 Cutlass and I can't say enough nice things about it. I also used their floatless fuel sending unit. The tank comes powder coated and looks great.

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor