Hurst / Olds center console wiring

mashud46

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 31, 2023
Does anybody have a center console wiring diagram for the H/O? Cant remeber how the harness goes back together. Got the console lid switch and bulb but there is also another light socket and I can't remember where it goes. Thanks

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
That 2nd light socket wasn't used with Lighting Rods. It was for the floor shift indicator lighting. Bulb removed and wrapped up out of the way. LR's did not have the indicator except for what was printed on the top plate. No way to light it up. So they used the tach indicator pointer deal for regular column shift so drivers could see the gear selection at night.

Reactions: 3 users

mashud46

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 31, 2023
That 2nd light socket wasn't used with Lighting Rods. It was for the floor shift indicator lighting. Bulb removed and wrapped up out of the way. LR's did not have the indicator except for what was printed on the top plate. No way to light it up. So they used the tach indicator pointer deal for regular column shift so drivers could see the gear selection at night.
Perfect, that's what I thought but I was 100% sure. Thanks!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor