"modifing my 86 cutlass"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay2dac1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 29, 2007
chicago
Hey everyone i have an 86'cutlass which has everything stock...i want to get more power from this cars engine is real quiet so i want to make it loud wut do you guy recomnd...chip modules...turbocharge ...i dunno just open to take in suggestions

shortydoowop138

Greasemonkey
Feb 15, 2007
Palm Springs, CA
jay2dac1 said:
Hey everyone i have an 86'cutlass which has everything stock...i want to get more power from this cars engine is real quiet so i want to make it loud wut do you guy recomnd...chip modules...turbocharge ...i dunno just open to take in suggestions

If you want more power, I suggest you change out the cam and add headers.. If you're in a state the requires smog then get a cat back exhuast.. It'll be louder than stock but not as loud as true duals.. It'll also get you a small boost in HP..

jay2dac1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 29, 2007
chicago
yeah i wuz thinkn of gettn a dual exhaust system on this car but im just tryng to get the most power out of it

1fast87olds

Greasemonkey
Feb 18, 2006
St. Albans Wv
what kinda motor is in it?

if its a 307... open that exhaust up with a set of duals
add a few normal bolt-on's like intake, hedders, cam

jay2dac1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 29, 2007
chicago
1fast87olds said:
what kinda motor is in it?

if its a 307... open that exhaust up with a set of duals
add a few normal bolt-on's like intake, hedders, cam
i have no idea lol its a v6

82355supreme

Greasemonkey
May 16, 2006
Wisconsin
The V-6, you're screwed. There are mods. for that engine, but it's not worth it. Your best bet is to do a V-8 swap along with a different trans. :wink:

RedHotRegal

Master Mechanic
Mar 26, 2006
Ontario, Canada
If you want to play with the v6 then look for a 4brl intake and carb. upgrade the ignition with an aftermarket hei coil(I use msd but just a preference)and wires. maybe look for headers and duals. you can get into cams but if your going that far you miswell drop a v8 into it. "theres no replacment for displacement!" A mild v6 will have more torque/hp the a wild v6. Just my opinion. A good exhaust can give it that throaty sound you want, but the ignition will give better starts/run smoother.the intake and carb should give you alittle bit more perf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor