OEM 8.5 28 spline posi

Trader history (0)

art

Greasemonkey
Apr 24, 2009
Absecon, New Jersey
Factory posi unit for a 8.5 axle. Had 3.73 gears on it. $150 plus shipping. The unit itself weighs about 24 lbs. so take that into consideration. If you bought a 442, Ttype, or a GN and it has the 8.5 axle, but no posi, this is for you. (It happens) I switched to a spool since I don't street drive any longer. I'm in southern N.J. (08201 zip)
20240510_194630.jpg
20240510_194816.jpg
20240510_194713.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
It would be nice to have a spare...

May 19, 2024
Hi, I'm new to the forum; I have an 84 Hurst with no limited slip. I'm interested. Do you know how many miles are on it, or have you had it in the car to know if it works well?

art

Greasemonkey
Apr 24, 2009
Absecon, New Jersey
Hi, I'm new to the forum; I have an 84 Hurst with no limited slip. I'm interested. Do you know how many miles are on it, or have you had it in the car to know if it works well?
Thanks for looking at my ad.
Accurate miles, no. I bought the 8.5 axle it came from, drum to drum, probably 10 years ago and it had all the markings of a salvage yard take out. I drag raced it a bit and it has always worked. I no longer do street car/drag & drive stuff so I put a spool in.
I got an offer about an hour before I saw your post, and if that doesn't work out, you are next in line.

May 19, 2024
Thanks for looking at my ad.
Accurate miles, no. I bought the 8.5 axle it came from, drum to drum, probably 10 years ago and it had all the markings of a salvage yard take out. I drag raced it a bit and it has always worked. I no longer do street car/drag & drive stuff so I put a spool in.
I got an offer about an hour before I saw your post, and if that doesn't work out, you are next in line.
Thx, let me know, I'm in Jersey too

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor