Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Hey grandamman!

I've seen a few, a guy I knew in high school had one. I've seen a couple in yards here and there too, along w/ the occasional one still driving around.

My 4-speed came out of a '79 GA :)

Check out the photo gallery section, I've got some dealer lit from '79 and '81 w/ grand am pics and stats (yeah I know, pics don't count!) :wink:

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
Nice ride GP403. 4 speed too!!!
If you see any 78-80 G/A specific parts in a yard...please let me know!
Front end pieces like, turn lenses, grills, head light buckets etc.....whole cars....

I believe that your friend in high school did have one, but most people that say that also say "what the heck kind of car is that"? when I show them what a 78-80 G/A looks like.. :p

We had one back in 78 that I drove, and I've only seen 2 others on the road, a four door and a two door that was always parked at the owners work site. :shock:

The interiors are similare as your 81...

How exactly did you paint your door panels???

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
Thanks for the tip on painting the door panels.
I just need to find the right shade before I start.
Very nice site, I didnt realize it was your creation.
Nice Roman Red and Platinum 1978 Grand Am in one of yor headers!!Thanks for that!!! :D

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
Thanks for the tip on painting the door panels.
I just need to find the right shade before I start.
Very nice site, I didnt realize it was your creation.
Nice Roman Red and Platinum 1978 Grand Am in one of yor headers!!Thanks for that!!! :D

ligoatpar

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 31, 2005
Southampton, Pa.
'78-80 Grand Am's

Grandamman;
A new friend of mine has one for sale, a '78. It's all there with a touch of rust at the driver rear quarter. Someone installed cutlass door panels and seats. It still has the 301, although it needs some re-assembly. He's asking $1000.00, obo. White with the silver band. It's also missing the drivers side headlight bezel. The replacement floor and bucket seat mounts in my wagon, came out of a '79 that was in a local yard.

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
You've got PM. :shock:
I know of a few for sale, but none that are white/silver........
My luck, either Canada or the Left coast.......

Thanks for the post, ligoatpar

Status
Not open for further replies.