Rear tires

Status
Not open for further replies.

85Caballero350

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 29, 2007
Sorry if this question has been asked before but,what has to be done to accomidate(sp) a 275/60/r15 tire on the rear of a elky or caballero? Thanks

87MonteSS

Master Mechanic
Jan 3, 2006
Winnipeg, Canada
And keep it in the wheel wells, or have it sticking out?

If option A - Not gonna happen without performing surgery, such as a mini-tub. If option B different offset wheels and possibly lifting the back end.

Option B not recommended. :)

85Caballero350

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 29, 2007
Roll the fenders maybe? Would a 255 fit in there. I want the biggest width tire on the rear without tubbing or too much beating lol. I wouldn't mind the tires coming close to the fenders but do not want them poking out.

shagwag

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 18, 2007
big tires

i am running 275/60 /15s on ralley wheels on my 83 malibu wagon and they fit in really well. the fenders are rolled. the car is lowered and the tires tuck about an inch in the wheel well. there is a lot of room between the inside of the tire and the frame

elco_80

n00b
Jul 28, 2007
I would think the 50-series tire would fit a lot better, it wouldn't throw the speedo off as much for sure.

I have seen elcos fit 275's. I'd get one of those wheel and tire simulators from Summit or Jeg's to experiment with your backspacing, so you know which wheel to get. Also I'm thinking that a bat-roll is probably gonna be necessary.

85Caballero350

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 29, 2007
So what is involved in this bat rolling idea.Can it be done by myself only or will I need a extra set of hands? How long does it take to do this.

nabob_blaster

Apprentice
Jul 22, 2007
you'll need help with that proccess as someone needs to hold the bat and someone has to move the car.I have a question though why is it you need a tire that wide the 255 will get the job done I mean why drag aroung more weight than you need

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor