'Remove from service' dates on compressors?

Malibu795

Apprentice
May 13, 2019
but it's not just draining it, it's also how fast you open that plug.
can you guess how I bleed my air tanks?

Probably similar to me..
I pulled the T-valve off install a 1/4" or 3/8" 1/4 turn ball valve and assorted fittings
And a hose to shoot the water outside lol

How often I drain it depends on how much I'm using it.. I have a IR 80gl tank at 175psi.
When I ran high air consumption tools when I descaled my 40' GN trailer it was drained daily. Usually it's monthly, if not is before winter as shop is uninsulated.

On the less frequent times I'll do it twice with a 24hr split between the two.. first gets solid 90% out, second time gets 90% of the remaining 10%

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I am actually pretty anal about draining tanks. In Germany, our Engineer Battalion had a lot of Duece-and-a-halfs. You had to drain the air brakes tanks after every use. If the Motor Daddy came along and found water in a tank, expect KP.

Reactions: 1 users

Malibu795

Apprentice
May 13, 2019
I am actually pretty anal about draining tanks. In Germany, our Engineer Battalion had a lot of Duece-and-a-halfs. You had to drain the air brakes tanks after every use. If the Motor Daddy came along and found water in a tank, expect KP.
Spent time in the service as well, has 1/4 turn ball valves on all the air brakes truck tanks, all had to be open when put in storage

Reactions: 1 user

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
Back in my framing days it used to be fun to get a new hire to drain the air pig .
The pig was a second 20gal reservoir for air volume to run up to 10 spikers at once
To drain it you had to spin the valves off the top of the pig
110 psi would let go suddenly and the rush of air would blow the hard hat off of any unsuspecting first timer 😅 lmao
If you deliberately tossed a hard hat on as you opened it it would blow the hat 20 feet in the air

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor