Running better than ever-still wound up pushing

Podagrower

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 29, 2023
(I was pushing somebody else's junk, but the clickbait worked)

I've put a lot of work into our 83 Caballero over the last few months. The first "mechanic" we had working on it thought it was acceptable to start working on a car that didn't run well and leave it a non running car. We've gone from non running, overheating, 18 year old tires rubbing, suspension bottoming out to a car that is very close to a weekend cruiser. Saturday we headed out to run errands to see how the new to us gauge cluster is working and how close the alignment is. Stop 1 was the fuel pump, 9.2 MPG is part of big block life, but I think it will improve just from spending less time idling in the garage and closing off the secondaries below 40% throttle. Then we saw somebody's car stopped almost completely in the traffic lane of a busy road and decided we better help and pay some karma forward. I'm all sympathetic but wondering why they pulled to the left not quite turn lane that goes nowhere rather than pulling off to the right when they had some options. But pushing a vehicle down the crown of the road isn't too bad and we soon have them in a much safer location and start to head back on our errands. I ran out of sympathy when they said it was the third time they ran out of gas. Anyway, we completed our errands and made a mental list of some of the items left to complete. The passenger side mirror glass flops around like a wet noodle so I have a door to get into, the 40+ year old seat belts are ratty and dry rotted, the oil, trans and dif fluid need to be changed, the starter is dying, and it's probably time to think about some speakers and loud music (other than the glasspacks).

Reactions: 1 user

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
decided we better help and pay some karma forward.
"The smile you send out- returns to you".
Indian wisdom.

I know they are making Firebird seat belts again. The prices have come down a lot too. I haven't looked for G-body belts lately but some of the vendors will make whatever you want.

Reactions: 1 user

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Sounds like you can use a pair of PB100s for your front bumper.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor