Vacuum hoses

c23racing

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 29, 2023
Could anyone tell me which hose is the vacuum supply for the a/c. Purple or gray?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
*sigh* Because there are pretty much no other colors you need to worry much about under the hood, I'll answer this one.

On a typical G-body, Gray goes to the water cutoff valve. Purple goes to the manifold vacuum.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
*sigh* Because there are pretty much no other colors you need to worry much about under the hood, I'll answer this one.

On a typical G-body, Gray goes to the water cutoff valve. Purple goes to the manifold vacuum.
69hurstolds is the gray water cutoff valve controlled by the inside levers ?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Yup. I haven't looked at it in 100 years, but basically, when you go from cold toward hot (as soon as you come off COLD) with the temperature lever, it applies vacuum or releases vacuum to the valve depending on the setup to open the valve to allow water to flow through the heater core. When you are in MAX or all the way COLD position with the A/C, the valve applies/releases vacuum to close the valve to stop flow through the heater core.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor