fender rolling ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1972cutlass

Greasemonkey
Aug 24, 2009
Has anyone rolled there back quarter panels on a buick regal because i went to have mine rolled and they told me the steel was to strong and to fix the problem to just cut the steel strip on the inside that cuts on the tire when i hit bumps in the road?

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
wow really? who told you that? find another shop.

Yes the metal is thicker and it is harder to do.

I did mine with the east wood tool. it was a pain in the *ss. it was a work out.

you can rent the tool and do it yourself. if they heat the metal its easier and saves the paint.

there is also the baseball bat trick that people have been using for years.

cutting it is hack and you still need to roll the edge.

as a side note to finish mine off i curled the top of the lip after i rolled it.

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
1972cutlass said:
Has anyone rolled there back quarter panels on a buick regal because i went to have mine rolled and they told me the steel was to strong and to fix the problem to just cut the steel strip on the inside that cuts on the tire when i hit bumps in the road?
Cutting the lip is not the way to go it leaves a sharp edge to cut the tire. Besides that lip is what holds quater and inner wheel well together. Eastwood tool is what you need. Stay away from that shop the dont know what they are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor