1983 regal build

Status
Not open for further replies.

two90west

Greasemonkey
Sep 25, 2011
chicago
ok so i just got around to start a post about my project, my 83 regal build is simple nothing over the top. so lets start with the basic stuff, engine and trans is out of 1986 oldsmobile cutlass 442 i love the 307 because it came in buick gbodies. engine got rebuilt to factory specs, i got the rebuild kit from ebay and took it to my local speed shop. i took out all the idiot lights and got equus temp, oil, volt, and tachometer gauges. they make great gauges. stage 1 complete suspension from http://www.performancesuspension.com, i will be changing the drums in the back to disc brakes. i will keep you guys posted on the build take a look at the pics and tell me what you think. p.s. keep the gbody drive alive!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 83 regal 1.jpg
    83 regal 1.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 2,069
  • 83 regal 2.jpg
    83 regal 2.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 2,086
  • 83 regal 3.jpg
    83 regal 3.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 2,084

two90west

Greasemonkey
Sep 25, 2011
chicago
two more pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 83 regal 4.jpg
    83 regal 4.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 2,062
  • 83 regal 5.jpg
    83 regal 5.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 2,043

lildudefl

Master Mechanic
Aug 25, 2011
Las Vegas (Cali at Heart)
Looks like a pretty clean starting point. as long as its just a cruiser that 307 sbo should do the trick. not many ponies you can pull out of it. Regals are starting to grow on me after seeing a couple other members on here, although im a chevy man at hears :wink: Good luck with the build!!!

two90west

Greasemonkey
Sep 25, 2011
chicago
thanks man, yeah the regal is just a cruiser not a race car, but i am gonna put either a 1987 monte ls or a 1979 malibu together with either a 454 or a 572 crate. and i am a gbody man but my every day car is a 2006 dodge magnum srt8, dont blame me blame my son he picked the mopar muscle lol...!!!!!!!!!!!!

1985cutlasssupreme

Master Mechanic
Aug 9, 2011
Bay Area , Ca
two90west said:
ok so i just got around to start a post about my project, my 83 regal build is simple nothing over the top. so lets start with the basic stuff, engine and trans is out of 1986 oldsmobile cutlass 442 i love the 307 because it came in buick gbodies. engine got rebuilt to factory specs, i got the rebuild kit from ebay and took it to my local speed shop. i took out all the idiot lights and got equus temp, oil, volt, and tachometer gauges. they make great gauges. stage 1 complete suspension from http://www.perfomancesuspension.com, i will be changing the drums in the back to disc brakes. i will keep you guys posted on the build take a look at the pics and tell me what you think. p.s. keep the gbody drive alive!!!!!!!!!!!
what kind of rims are those and what size are they? they look really nice.

two90west

Greasemonkey
Sep 25, 2011
chicago
22inch brutus with a 5inch lip, your in cali right can you guys take of the catalitic converter and the smog canister!!!!!!!!!!!

lildudefl

Master Mechanic
Aug 25, 2011
Las Vegas (Cali at Heart)
two90west said:
22inch brutus with a 5inch lip, your in cali right can you guys take of the catalitic converter and the smog canister!!!!!!!!!!!
All it takes is a couple more bucks to the right smog inspector and you can get your car passed in CALI. This is America. theres wayz around everything. Id rather be in cali with the rest of these beloved Gbody owners. I mean we gotta have the largest Gbody community in the Nation that get together very often 8)

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
lildudefl said:
two90west said:
All it takes is a couple more bucks to the right smog inspector and you can get your car passed in CALI. This is America. theres wayz around everything. Id rather be in cali with the rest of these beloved Gbody owners. I mean we gotta have the largest Gbody community in the Nation that get together very often 8)
ill be joining soon with my two projects..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor