1984 Buick Grand National coming back to life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
I love the look of the Grand National, this car needs some TLC, and I started taking some steps to get the front end back in order. Next will get the rad support and put in a spare already painted up and then move onto the fender, doors, etc till I make my way around to the other side. Then I need to get into the floor pans to get them cut in.

new aftermarket header panel getting ready to be blocked, notice no hole to fill in!!

the header panel that was on the car was repainted black, it was blue underneath. This tells me why there was a 3.8 turbo hood ornament on it

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
GN header panel under primer and blocked

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
more work done this weekend, got the fenders off, the front end dissembled and the engine removed. Now we can start putting it back together after the bumper fillers and sheet metal gets some paint.

AlamoCity210

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2012
San Antonio, Tx
How'd you clean the inner fenders and core support. Seems as if your doing with ease lol. Usin a paint stripper? I did my core Support but by grinding. There has to be an easier way. Wish I had a sand blaster

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
AlamoCity210 said:
How'd you clean the inner fenders and core support. Seems as if your doing with ease lol. Usin a paint stripper? I did my core Support but by grinding. There has to be an easier way. Wish I had a sand blaster

Paint thinner and lots of elbow grease.!

RUDE DOG

Apprentice
Oct 1, 2012
Looks like you have a nice build on your hands and judging from the work I've seen on your 442 thread id say this one will have a great outcome.
Im definately subscribed!

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
L.A.X-RATED said:
lookin good toby 8) how did you separate the inner fender from the out skin?

You can take them apart, all cutty and regals have the inner fender to them. They take 10mm bolts all around it, then it seperates.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
RUDE DOG said:
Looks like you have a nice build on your hands and judging from the work I've seen on your 442 thread id say this one will have a great outcome.
Im definately subscribed!

Thanks!

You will see it when you come to pick up your doors, maybe by then Ill have the roof off of it , rebuilding it. The engine is almost ready to go back in as well. Ill post pics later.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Some pics of the turbo motor on the stand getting ready to go to the engine bay next week.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    776.3 KB · Views: 3,177
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    642.2 KB · Views: 3,162
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    759.7 KB · Views: 3,143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    725 KB · Views: 3,183
  • Creative
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor