Radiator Box-in Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
My Regal used to be a n/a V6 car but now has a SBC V8. However the Regal did not came with the shrouds in the grill to divert 100% of the air that travels through the grill to be forced through the radiator like GNs have. Would it be worth getting this kit to help improve engine cooling? http://www.gnsperformance.com/products/radkit.html BTW, I do have the proper V8 radiator and V8 fan shroud installed. thanks.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
No one knows anything about this? Looking around the net, it seems like boxing the rad works well for Mustangs and F bodies.

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
Honestly I've never had an issue w/ overheating. I just have my electric fan mounted to the radiator with no shroud or diverter plates. My radiator is just a reworked stock unit with an extra cores added. It is now a 4 core radiator.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I just saw photos that stock MCSSs have boxed in rads like the GN kit. My motor is out of a MCSS so maybe I should try the kit. With the n/a V6 Regals I guess GM didn't worry about cooling them. Stock SSs and GNs ccome like that for a reason.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
It looks pretty simple to make out of the material of your choice.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
topic cleaned up and unlocked. Cripes. do over. :roll:

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Thank you for cleaning the thread up. This is a set of parts I didn't know existed or that my plain Jane base model lacked them. It would seem to be useful info for anyone hotrodding a base model Regal would want to know. Maybe other brand base model G bodies lack these rad air dams too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor